The Best College Student Loans
Updated On September 14, 2022
Editorial Note: This content is based solely on the author's opinions and is not provided, approved, endorsed or reviewed by any financial institution or partner.
Want to save money on your undergraduate student loans?
As you already know, college is a considerable investment. So, when it comes to your college student loans, you will need to understand your options for both federal government student loans and private student loans. The average college student graduates college with over $37,000 in student loans. The good news is that in addition to federal government student loans, there are several private student loan lenders who can offer competitive rates on your undergraduate school student loans. A co-signer with strong credit may be able to help you obtain lower interest rates on your college student loans.
If you are applying to college or already have been admitted, congratulations! If not, it is never too early to start planning for your undergraduate student loans.
These are the best lenders for student loans and may be able to help you save thousands of dollars on your college student loans by offering lower interest rates and lower monthly payments. That’s real money back in your pocket.
Learn your new student loan interest rate in a matter of minutes.
Top Picks For Private Student Loans
- Student loans available to graduate, bachelors and associates degrees
- Deferment and forbearance options may be available
- Grace period for undergraduates: 6 months
- Grace period for graduate students: 9 months
- Flexible student loan repayment options
- Offer college, graduate school, law school, MBA and Parent student loans
- Flexible repayment options
- No late fees
- Autopay rate discount
- Free perks such as career planning and job search assistance
- Low rates from community lenders like credit unions and community banks
- Get lower rates with a co-signer
- Ability to pause payments for up to 18 months if you become unemployed
- May consider your academic credentials to help you get a lower rate
- If you repay 10% of your loan before your loan enters full repayment period, 1.0% APR is dropped from your current interest rate
- Offer student loans for undergraduates, career training, and graduate students.
- Provide private student loans to full-time, half-time and less the half-time students.
- Non-U.S. citizens are eligible for student loans with a qualified U.S. citizen co-signer.
- Multiple repayment options.
- Borrow from $1,000 up to 100% of the school-certified expenses.
- Student loans for college, graduate, medical/dental, law, MBA and Parent Loans
- Flexible repayment options
- Multi-year approval: no need to apply annually
- Cosigner option
- Forbearance and deferment options
- Student loan repayment while in school
- 1% cash back on student loan principal at graduation
- Co-signer release after 12 consecutive payments
- Financial hardship forbearance available
- No minimum income or credit score
- Apply with or without a co-signer