The Best Pharmacy School Student Loans
Updated On September 5, 2023
Editorial Note: This content is based solely on the author's opinions and is not provided, approved, endorsed or reviewed by any financial institution or partner.
Are you looking for the best pharmacy school student loans? Better yet, want to save money on your student loans? If you're like most aspiring pharmacy school students, the answer to both questions is "yes."
As you may know, pharmacy school is a considerable investment – both in time and money. So, when it comes to your student loans, make sure you understand all your options.
The average pharmacy school student graduates medical school with over $120,000 in student loans. Most pharmacy students borrow federal student loans, private student loans or both.
Federal student loans are available through the federal government. If you borrow a federal student loan, you'll get a fixed interest rate and have access to certain benefits such as income-driven repayment plans, forbearance and deferment. Plus, you can apply for student loan forgiveness through several different programs. With student loan forgiveness, you could get all or some of your federal student loans forgiven.
However, most student loan borrowers can't fund their pharmacy school education entirely with federal student loans. Why? The federal government limits the amount of federal student loans that you can borrow. Therefore, you'll likely need to explore alternative sources to fund your pharmacy school education. For example, scholarships, grants and private student loans are all potential options to pay for pharmacy school.
The good news is that there are several private student loan lenders who can offer competitive rates on your student loans. If you are applying to pharmacy school or already have been admitted, congratulations! If not, it is never too early to start planning for your student loans.
These are our top picks for the best student loans for pharmacy school. Compare lenders, loan terms and rates to find the best option for you. Learn your new student loan interest rate in a matter of minutes.
Top Picks For Private Student Loans
- Student loans available to graduate, bachelors and associates degrees
- Deferment and forbearance options may be available
- Grace period for undergraduates: 6 months
- Grace period for graduate students: 9 months
- Flexible student loan repayment options
- Offer college, graduate school, law school, MBA and Parent student loans
- Flexible repayment options
- No late fees
- Autopay rate discount
- Free perks such as career planning and job search assistance
- Low rates from community lenders like credit unions and community banks
- Get lower rates with a co-signer
- Ability to pause payments for up to 18 months if you become unemployed
- May consider your academic credentials to help you get a lower rate
- If you repay 10% of your loan before your loan enters full repayment period, 1.0% APR is dropped from your current interest rate
- Offer student loans for undergraduates, career training, and graduate students.
- Provide private student loans to full-time, half-time and less the half-time students.
- Non-U.S. citizens are eligible for student loans with a qualified U.S. citizen co-signer.
- Multiple repayment options.
- Borrow from $1,000 up to 100% of the school-certified expenses.
- Student loans for college, graduate, medical/dental, law, MBA and Parent Loans
- Flexible repayment options
- Multi-year approval: no need to apply annually
- Cosigner option
- Forbearance and deferment options
- Student loan repayment while in school
- 1% cash back on student loan principal at graduation
- Co-signer release after 12 consecutive payments
- Financial hardship forbearance available
- No minimum income or credit score
- Apply with or without a co-signer